Biyernes, Agosto 10, 2007

Harry Potter at the Ateneo Website

A few days ago, several students excitedly told me that I am in the AdMU Website.  My first reaction was verbally expressed: "Why?  What did I do?" But because they were grinning from ear to ear while saying "'Cher, you're famous..."  my second reaction was that of fearful self-doubt.  As a person who is so private and secretive of his ways and so pessimistic about life, particularly that of my own, my mind was in a hurry to find a single answer to a diluge of questions: "My _ _ _, was I caught by the security cameras doin something urm... unimaginable?  But what?  And in Ateneo?

Then I remembered the Harry Potter picture.  It was ten o'clock in the morning of the 21st of July.  I was at the AdMU High School library and had gotten hold of the 7th book along with a free copy of the 6th courtesy of a 300 peso reservation fee made by Jay, my big brother.  

The soundtrack of the Harry Potter movie was playing in the background and inside the library about four students were already feasting on the delight that was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Pictures of the early birds that got the novel probably at as early as 7 am were flashing on a computer desktop nearby.  I blurted out quite audibly in the hope that the person who was responsible for the pictures might hear "I hope I'll be on that screen too..." 

And magically he from somewhere heard me. He asked a former colleague from the AdMU High School and I to hold our books, to smile and then... he immortalized me slim looking, happy, and wo-boy in a hurry to brag to the world that I have the Harry Potter 7 and a picture to prove it.    

1 komento:

  1. oo nga! ang daya ng picture! ang payat mo?

    masakit pa rin ulo mo jules? wahaha!

    TumugonBurahin