Linggo, Oktubre 27, 2013

Why Stick with the Church?

The Church has been a... peaceable place for my faith and my prayer.  And why not?... Assuredly, there is a lot of narrow mindedness and immaturity, many botched works in the Church.  We see too in many spheres how unprepared the Church is to offer answers to the true questions posed by men.  But all that, as heavy a burden as it may be for us to bear, is of no importance when it is balanced against what I can find and actually do find in the Church.  The Church has been, and is, the hearth of my soul; the mother of my spiritual being.  She offers me the possibility of living with the saints: and when did she prevent me from living a Christian life?"

- Yves Congar in "Blessed is the peace of my Church", trans. by Salvador Attanasio as quoted by Robert McClory in "Faithful dissenters: Stories of men and women who loved and changed the Church 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento